Although the “Fibonacci sequence” may at first seem a bit intimidating, or even completely irrelevant to gambling, it has been successfully utilized by countless casino players as well as sports bettors. This article will give you useful information on how the Fibonacci numbers can be used to create an effective betting system. To put it plainly, the Fibonacci algorithm is nothing more than a sequence of numbers in which each number is the result of the sum of the previous two digits.
The Fibonacci sequence was named after the Italian mathematician Leonardo of Pisa, commonly referred as Fibonacci. His name derived from the words Filius Bonacci (which means the son of Bonacci). Fibonacci popularized this sequence through his most significant work, the “Liber Abaci” (book of calculation) in 1202 (814 years ago), even thought this sequence was based on the Hindu-Arabic numeral system.
Fibonacci betting system and gambling
This system was firstly used on casino games such as Roulette and slot machines, although the Fibonacci numbers are widely found on many aspects of everyday life. You can view countless other betting systems, such as the Martingale, the Labouchere and the D’ Alebert, on our website. In order to best utilize Fibonacci you need to bet on fixed odds, for example – the 50% chances on black-red or 1 to 36 on each Roulette number. Regarding football betting, you must place your wager on odds above or exactly at 2.00, either on a single or multiples/combo bet. The ideal odds for gaining a steady profit, are set at 2.26.
Putting theory into practice
Although we won’t go as far as saying that the Fibonacci betting system is considered as one of the betting strategies that always work, it can be utilized to secure small sterady profits. In mathematical terms, the sequence of Fibonacci numbers is defined by this equation:
With seed values F0 =0, F1=1
The Fibonacci sequence is as follows:
Εxample: At this point we must point out that the quotient of two serial numbers on the Fibonacci sequence results to the golden ratio. The successive divisions go as follows: 2/1=2, 3/2=1/50, 5/3=1,666, 8/5=1,60,……,…..,…..10.946/6765=1,61803 (where every division is symbolized by the letter «φ», in honor of the Greek sculptor Feidias-Φειδίας).
Τo better understand these calculations, we are going to replace each number with hypothetical bets. We will be using fixed stakes with stable odds (above 2.00, ideally at 2.62) as suggested above.
The stakes start from 1€ and go accordingly to the sequence’s numbers: 01,1,2,3,5,8,13,21,34,55,89,144.
As long as someone wins his first bet, he will keep his wager at 1€.
If the player loses, he will proceed to the next step.
Each time the player wins, he should backtrack to his previous bet. In case BET 3 is won, he should return to 1€.
When the player wins, he must erase the number of his two previous bets. That means that he will remove his 21€ and 13€ wagers and go back to 8€.
If he managed to win this time as well, he must once again erase the number of his two previous bets, meaning that he’ll remove the 8€ and 5€ and return to 3€.
If you sum up the previous bets, you will see that the player has won five of them and lost seven. What matters, is that although he lost most of his bets, he did manage to gain a profit of 2€ (winning percentage below 50%, 5/12 = 41,6%).
- Very useful to players on a low budget.
- With the Fibonacci betting football system huge amounts of stakes are seldom necessary.
- You can put a leash on your emotions after a bad beat.
- You will limit your possible losses, given that you might make a profit, even on winning percentages below 50%.
- Anyone can use this system, without practically caring about the condition of the two teams, various statistics or absences that might affect the result of a game. The only thing that matters are the odds.
- The player has to wait for his bet to be settled before he can continue, as he needs to know the stake of his next bet.
- Discipline is of utmost importance for anyone using this system. If you get on the receiving end of a bad result and decide to limit your losses without using the Fibonacci personal betting sequence, then your chances of losing are even higher.
- No one can guarantee whether the bookmaker will accept a big stake on a bet. If you check the “Terms and Conditions” of each bookie, you will see that they reserve the right to deny a bet without stating a reason.
To sum things up, the Fibonacci betting system is a conservative variation of the Martingale system. Obviously there’s always a possibility of going on a losing streak, your losses however will be significantly less, compared to the Martingale system. In the same regard, it is nearly impossible to gain massive profits quickly, by using the Fibonacci betting system. What you should remember though, is that the Fibonacci system offers you an easy way of controlling your emotions, especially after losing, which will certainly be reflected on your bankroll.