If you, like us, love to bet online in Canada then you needn’t look any further. We have compiled a thorough guide into the best bookmakers for Canadian players and are sharing all the fundamental insights you should know before you pick your next sports betting Canada book. Right below you can see the top sportsbooks in Canada according to their sports offering, lines, local payment compatibility and a wealth of other helpful info. Also, make sure to check some frequently asked questions to see the most common queries on sports betting in Canada answered.
Sportsbook Canada – How to Choose the Best
As mentioned earlier, taking your pick from so many different options is not an easy task. There are various things to take into consideration including avoiding these operators that will offer you a poor betting experience. We want you to be fully informed so that you can take the right decision when it comes to the top sportsbooks Canada offers. This is why we are always suggesting that you pick any of the Canadian sportsbooks recommended on our website. Right below we are looking into some key aspects on the best Canadian bookmakers.
- High Odds. Naturally, you want to place your bets at bookmakers that deliver high odds on many sports and events. Some bookmakers will only offer competitive odds on popular sports like hockey or Canadian football while others might focus on basketball and the NFL. You can choose between American odds, fractional odds or decimal. Also, keep an eye out for early prices since you can make a nice profit that way.
- User Interface. When looking for the best place for betting online in Canada make sure to check the user interface. Check how easy it is to log in, make a deposit or withdrawal and find your favorite sports and markets. Remember that this should apply for both the mobile phone and desktop versions.
- Bonuses and Promotions. Bonuses and sports betting go hand in hand. Most Canadian sportsbooks reviews are focused on bonuses for a good reason. A big welcome bonus boosts your available balance, allowing you to place more bets and increase your winning chances. The same goes with a free bet or a price boost that you receive along the way.
- In-Play Bets & Live Streaming. When talking about live sports betting, Canada is one of the countries where punters are especially interested. Most bookmakers offer in-play markets, however, there are big differences in diversity and the number of sporting events that are live streamed. Always make sure that the important matches are streamed live and you have plenty live bets available.
- Betting Markets. The number of betting markets is also very important when choosing a bookmaker. The Canada online sports betting environment is very rich so make sure you can place all types of bets. No matter if you are into simple bets, outright winner, handicaps, specials or accumulators. A wide selection of Canadian football, hockey and winter sports is always welcome.
- Customer Support. Even though the support department is overlooked by many people looking for a new sportsbook to bet at, this department is important in the overall experience. With an organized support department, you can always find answers to your questions and enjoy a smoother activity.
- Account Limits. Checking out the different limitations that may be applied to your account is a great idea. Even though it sounds more like a high-roller issue, all accounts can be affected by limits. Playing at a bookmaker that does not apply limits on accounts is the best way to go.
- License. Betting at a licensed bookmaker is a must if you want to make sure everything that is promised to you will be delivered. Choosing trustworthy bookmakers with a great reputation is another great way to go. Any license issued by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, the United Kingdom Gambling Commission or Malta Gaming Authority is more than safe.
- Payment Options with Local Currency. The Canadian Dollar is a standard currency in most online sportsbooks, however, it doesn’t hurt to make sure you won’t face any currency exchanges or additional fees for not being able to play in your local currency. Availability of all the popular payment options like Interac, WebMoney or wire transfer through the Bank of Canada is a great plus.
- Other Products. Sports betting is an extremely entertaining activity, however, every now and then you may feel the need to try some free spins or table games as well. Choosing a bookmaker Canada that also offers a casino and live casino component will give you access to both types of entertainment with one account.
Best Online Sports Betting Canada choices
Now that we are done with outlining the most important aspects to watch out for when shopping for online sportsbooks in Canada, it is time to jump right into the offer and pick out the best. Out of all the bookmakers Canada has to offer, the vast majority are European or North American. The domestic betting Canada sports venues are also represented, however, similar to other countries, punters prefer the already established names. All in all, Canada is one of the best countries to bet in since there are many bookmakers to choose from at the bustling Canadian online gambling industry.
1. William Hill Canada
William Hill needs no introduction. It is one of the best bookmakers in the UK, and the same amount of quality applies to William Hill betting Canada. You can set up an account in just a few minutes, with the convenience of enjoying the William Hill Canada sign up bonus in CAD for a genuine experience. You should prepare for a wide range of sports and betting markets. For example, the William Hill football betting Canada section gives you access to all the local and international football competitions with just one click so that you can compose the perfect bet slip and win. Hockey is also well represented at William Hill with markets on NHL and all the tough International leagues.
2. Spin Palace Canada
Spin Palace offers high-quality online casino services starting in 2001 and has recently incorporated a top sportsbook. From the first visit to Spin Palace Sports Canada, you realize that the website is perfectly optimized to deliver a high-quality experience. The Canadian Dollar is available as a currency and the website is available in English and French, among other languages. You can make instant deposits with iDebit or several bank transfer options and then use your funds to place bets on a huge offer of sports and betting markets. Football, hockey, tennis, motor sports or curling, take your pick.
3. 888sport Canada
Part of the 888 Group, 888 Sports Canada is an excellent example of how a bookmaker should look and function on the Canadian market. They fully understand the love for the sports and created a bookmaker that lets you find a good price no matter what you bet on. Be it hockey, football, tennis or any of the winter sports; you can trust 888sport to deliver an excellent experience with competitive odds and a full range of betting markets. 888sport is available in both English and French, and all new players from Canada are eligible for a sign up bonus.
4. Bet365 Canada
Is bet365 legal in Canada? Many Canadian punters are asking this question without being able to find a straight answer to it. Thankfully enough bet365 is legal and players from Canada can freely register an account and enjoy the bet365 Canada deposit bonus. Even more than that, you can enjoy this sportsbook in Canadian dollars and make a deposit as low as $10, which is the bet365 minimum deposit Canada. The bet365 withdrawal times Canada are identical to the processing times guaranteed in any other country and, depending on the payment method you can get a payout within a couple of hours.
5. Bwin Canada
Bwin is happy to receive local bettors and new players are greeted with a nice Bwin Canada bonus. Even though the Canadian Dollar is not part of the available currencies, you can still enjoy bwin in Canada by playing with EUR or any other currency since the exchange rates will hardly affect your gameplay. Making a deposit is effortless thanks to the multiple payment options provided by bwin that allow you to pay instantly and start backing up your favorite teams. No sport is left untouched, and you can enjoy multiple betting markets on many events.
6. Unibet Canada
Last on our list is Unibet. It is one of the most prominent bookmakers in the industry, showing a clear interest for localization and spreading their services all across the globe, Unibet Canada is welcoming Canadian players with a cool joining bonus. You have the option to play using Canadian Dollars, and access the website in both French and English for a smooth experience. In terms of sports and available betting markets, you can trust Unibet to deliver a complete betting experience with multiple selections from all the popular Canadian sports like football, hockey, winter sports and many more.
The list of reliable bookmakers for Canadian players can continue as there’s a lot of focus on the local market and Sports Interaction or Pinnacle Sports are excellent examples. Sports Interaction is the only one that manages to compete with foreign sportsbooks. New players can enjoy a somewhat average Sports interaction bonus of 10% up to $ 100. For deposits you have: iDebit, Interac, Instadebit or EcoPayz. Now, if you are wondering if is Pinnacle legal in Canada? To answer that, Pinnacle sports Canada comes with high odds and low margins so any punter can enjoy their favourite sports like football, hockey or winter sports. With a vibrant offer of banking options, you can choose nearly any payment method.
Bet on the best Canadian sportsbooks for 2019
Canadian sports betting presents many options and foreign bookmakers are offering a complete wagering environment to local punters. Naturally, sports betting Canada is mostly orientated on hockey, football and winter sports like skiing, bobsleigh or curling. If you want to always place your bets on the best bookmakers in Canada based on your favorite sports, then pick one of our suggested sportsbooks.
Without a doubt the most popular sport in the country, Canada Football is the main focus of any bookmaker focused on the Canadian market. For the highest Grey Cup odds and price boosts for online betting Superbowl Canada, you should visit Pinnacle Sports. There are countless types of bets available here, as a future bet on how the Saskatchewan Roughriders will perform this season or how many touchdowns will Duron Carter manage to get. The real home of Canada Football, bet365 has all you need for a complete experience.
Ice Hockey Betting
When it comes to hockey betting in Canada, you can always count on William Hill for super high odds and diverse betting markets on both domestic and international events. Everything from the best NHL Stanley Cup odds, the Hockey World Cup or individual stats on players like Claude Giroux or Connor McDavid are available in the hockey section of William Hill.
UFC Betting Canada
Betting on UFC in Canada is a popular activity since the country has given some of the biggest stars in this sport. With names like Georges St-Pierre, Rory MacDonald or Carlos Newton in the circuit, it was only natural for MMA betting Canada to take off. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Unibet couldn’t miss the opportunity of becoming one of the best UFC betting sites Canada has to offer. Not only will you be able to access all the big UFC fight nights and specials, but you can also place bets on other MMA competitions as well.
Baseball Betting Odds
If you are looking for a good bookmaker to place high-value bets on baseball, bet365 is the best choice. Providing a full selection of games from the MLB you can watch and back all your favourite athletes. Also, with star athletes like James Paxton at the New York Yankees, Russel Martin with the Los Angeles Dodgers or Joey Votto at the Cincinnati Reds, there’s plenty of action for any Canadian punter. Make sure you take full advantage of the bonuses offered by bet365 and win big!
Soccer Betting Canada
Even though betting on soccer in Canada is not as popular as other countries, it still appeals to local punters. With huge international competitions like the UEFA Champions League, there are a lot of Canadian punters willing to give it a shot. If you want to make sure you are enjoying a wide offer and competitive odds for soccer betting in Canada, 888sport is the place for you. Canadians soccer fans can try their luck on local competitions offered by 888sports like the Premier League where Junior Hoilett plays for Cardiff City or the Bundesliga where Alphonso Davies is plying his trade at Bayern München.
Online Horse Betting Canada
Online horse race betting in Canada is not as popular as other former Commonwealth countries, however, there are many ways you can earn a buck by backing horses. Pinnacle Sports comes with a complete offer of horse races, competitive odds and high limits. They are boosting the online horse racing betting Canada with some of the greatest races around the globe such as the Kentucky Derby.
Betting on Basketball in Canada
Basketball is another popular sport that enjoys much attention from Canadian punters. No matter if you want to bet on the National Basketball League of Canada or the NBA, Spin Palace offers a wide coverage of basketball. Canada has given the world some exceptional basketball players like Steve Nash, Andrew Wiggins or Cory Joseph. No matter what your favourite team or athlete is, the high basketball odds and bonuses offered by Spin palace will boost your betting experience and winning chances.
|Bookmakers||Why to Bet||Why to Bet||Bookmakers|
Bet Canada FAQ
Q: Ιs betting allowed in Canada?
Both offline and online betting are allowed in Canada. So Canadian punters do not have to worry about any legal actions taken against them for enjoying online sports betting.
Q: Is Betting Exchange Canada a thing in 2019?
If you want to experience a betting exchange in Canada, we have some bad news. Betting exchange sites in Canada are no longer available. Even though nobody has a clear answer on why did Betfair leave Canada, we are happy to let you know that some truly gretat odds are found on bookmakers like 1xBet, 22Bet or Spin Palace. These bookmakers can provide a strong alternative with countless available sports and appealing bonuses. So, since you won’t waste any more time on questions like “Is Betfair legal in Canada?”, you can start enjoying all your favourite sports and place winning bets on these sites with high odds, many comparable to what was offered by Betfair in Canada.
Q: Are there bookmakers from Canada?
There are multiple bookmakers from Canada that are delivering their services to Canadian punters. However, the best one that manages to compete with foreign sportsbooks is Sports Interaction.
Q: What is OLG sports betting?
OLG stands for the Ontario Lottery and Gaming, and it is the agency delivering lottery and sports betting in Canada. Their sports betting division, also called the Pro Line is the state alternative to foreign bookmakers.
Q: Do you get taxed on lottery winnings in Canada?
According to the Canada Revenue Agency rules, you won’t have to pay any taxes or fees on the funds won on lotteries or sports betting.
Q: Do I have to pay tax online Canada when betting?
The Canadian laws do not tax your stakes or winnings from online sports betting so you can enjoy the best possible betting experience.