Few other sports can offer such upsets like football does. We’ve seen Leicester City win the English Premier League and witnessed the Champions League cup change hands in two minutes back in 1999 when Fergie’s Fledgings ruled in both Britain and Europe. Apart from offering stories that we’ll likely share with our sons and grandchildren, football is also the undisputed king when it comes to sports betting. Regardless of what you may have heard from people not associated with punting, betting on football is not only immensely entertaining, but can also offer some cash, provided that you know what you’re doing. Without further ado, let’s take a look at some cool hint & tips in soccer betting.
How to predict football matches correctly
One of the harder things to master is improving your ability to make correct predictions. Although it is impossible to always win in football betting, there are ways you can increase your chances of earning a profit.
- Research. Carefully calculate each and every match you’re thinking of betting on. Take into account any absences, returns, past results, head coach changes or any tiny bit of info you can get your hands on, no matter how insignificant it may seem. The surest way of losing your money is betting solely based on instinct and leaving everything to chance.
- The wisdom of crowds. The majority may not be always right, but it can offer some important insights. If you witness any rapid odds movements, try to identify what may have caused them. You may have missed a star striker being left out of the squad or a goalkeeper injury, that is sure to cause a massive change in odds.
- Keep an archive. The only way you can accurately know how much you’ve lost or earned is by documenting every pick along with your stake, odds and profits or losses. This will offer you helpful insights on which leagues you perform better at and what types of bets you should avoid.
How to win on football accumulators
There’s a good reason why football accas are loved by sports bettors as they can offer large amounts of money, even with minimal stakes. You can improve your chances of winning by following the steps below:
- Keep it simple. Don’t try to mix up match winners, with first goalscorer bets, in-play matches with pre-match results or extremely high odds along with relatively easier picks.
- Don’t get greedy. Calculate your stake and the projected profit you would be satisfied with. If you keep adding matches to increase your winnings, you will worsen your chances of winning.
- Always account for value. Every match you include must offer valued odds. This is even truer on accumulators as the bookie’s margin increases with every added pick.
Which betting site has the best odds
Before we get down to the nitty-gritty of what constitutes the best odds, we must point out that no sportsbook, regardless of how low its margin might be, can’t beat the odds of a betting exchange. This is due to the fact that bet exchanges like Betfair will charge a small commission on your winnings while having 0% margin odds on their platform. In terms of more classical sportsbooks, 1xbet and Marathonbet offer the best odds, however, you may end up finding yourself limited if you are overly successful early on. This why we suggest Pinnacle as their low commission along with high limits and payments, offer the perfect mix for professional bettors.
Get the highest odds
How to bet on corners
Corners are steadily increasing in preference among football punters, especially during live matches. The essence of winning in corners can be summed up to:
- Pick attacking teams. A team that enjoys playing in the final third of the field is far more likely to create more scoring chances that may result into corners.
- Identify the playmakers. See how a team prefers to employ their attacking plan. If its best players are situated on the flanks instead of the middle, it’s once again likelier they’ll try to cross the ball, resulting in more corners compared to creating their play via through balls.
- Take your time. Regardless of how profitable some odds might seem, it’s always best to spend some time watching the match and strike at the right time. If for example FC Barcelona remain deadlocked at home, they’re far likelier to up their tempo to a more frantic pace in the last 15 minutes. Usually the odds for two more corners are quite profitable at that point.
Most predictable football leagues
We’ve all wagered of some leagues, like the English Premier League, where it is fairly hard to maintain a steady profit in the long run. Bookies are usually well aware of any match-changing factors and also balance their commission in such a way where you have to be well informed to get an edge in odds. Thankfully, certain leagues and competitions tend to show a certain predictability, especially when it comes to over/under bets or results at the closing fixtures. The most predictable soccer leagues according to our 2012-2018 analysis include:
- Favorite-friendly leagues. The Scottish Premier League is considered a predictable competition for favorite backing punters, especially at home games, with a 44.09% confirmation rate. Other leagues include the German Oberliga Bremen division, with 36.16%, the Cyprus 1 Division with 34.79% and the German Bundesliga with 34%.
- High draw percentage leagues. The Segunda B Grp. III enjoys and impressive 38.46% in draws, usually on odds above 3.00. The France National stands at 37.57% and the South African Premier Soccer League at 37.13%.
- Most frequent Over 3.5. Once again the German Oberliga Bremen division makes its appearance, as 65.77% of all matches end with more than 3 goals while The Scottish Highland League is also considered a high scoring league with a 62.04% percentage. Understandably, we rarely tend to find profitable odds or even betting markets on these leagues, as this is usually the case with development divisions. The most well known professional high scoring league is the Dutch Eerste Divisie, where an impressive 43.6% of all games end up with over 3.5 goals.
- Best home win leagues. The Nigerian Professional Football League boasts a 74.48% home win ratio on a total of 2280 games, well above most other football division in the world. The Bosnia-Herzegovina First Divison is second with 58.33% in 1440 matches, while the First Division of the Czech Republic comes as third with 53.67% in 1440 fixtures as well.
Over/under 2.5 goals tips
If you are wondering how you can win when betting on over 2.5 goals, perhaps it’s time you tried a different approach. Instead ask, how can I win more when picking over 2.5? Now this is a trick that requires three steps:
- Pick high scoring league. For example on average 70% of all Estonia Esiliiga games end up as over 2.5. This means that odds found at 1.50 will surely offer you a profit in the long run.
- Check previous meetings. History tends to repeat itself, especially when it comes to opponents who tend to score many goals when pitted against each other.
- Strike at the right time. Most matches tend to remain goalless in the first ten to fifteen minutes. If you keep patient during this time frame and wait before you place an over bet you will always find increased odds.
Easiest sports bets to win
Statistical evidence has offered us various helpful insights when it comes to accurately predicting the outcome of a selected number of sports. Let’s break it down.
- Tennis. The pro’s choice due to a simple reason. Virtually seven times out of ten the favorite will beat the underdog, even when low ranked players play against each other.
- Basketball. Believe it or not, whenever you see a team leading by four or more points in the NBA, their chances of winning the match stand at 70%.
- Football. The most important stat we get here comes from the English Premier League. Whenever a team is leading by 2-1 in the half time, they end up as winners at a 75% percentage.
Enjoy football betting
|Bookmakers||Why to Bet||Why to Bet||Bookmakers|