Skrill is considered the best payment method for online betting for a number of good reasons. It’s fast, easy to use and accepted on virtually any betting site, wherever you may come from. They are closely knit to gambling as they were one of the first e-wallets to tie their fate to online betting firms ever since they were made their humble beginnings. Regardless if you are looking for any sports betting sites that accept Skrill or are just trying to figure out how Skrill works, you can find all the information you want in a three minute read.
Best Skrill Bookmakers
Bookies with fast Skrill withdrawals
Skrill’s main advantage is obviously its speed. Some betting sites are working even closer with the e-wallet, meaning that you will receive your payouts in an even faster manner. Keep in mind that it takes Skrill the same time to process each transaction, so the advantage of the following bookies stands in their close collaboration. 1xbet is the top choice as it allows you to complete withdrawals within 15 minutes. Bet365 and Betfair are also good picks as they will do so in about 1 hour.
- Fast and efficient bookies process Skrill withdrawal requests during the weekend as well. Check the terms and conditions for weekend withdrawal requests set by the operator.
- This is also the same for late night requests. Reputable betting sites will be able to deliver funds straight to your Skrill account overnight, even if the request was made in the afterhours.
Bookies that offer a Skrill first deposit bonus
Following the bonus-hunting turmoil and odds manipulation of the last decade, many bookies decided to remove Moneybookers as a viable deposit method for sign up offers. Although almost every bookie will accept payments through Skrill, a number of them will still not award you with a first deposit bonus. Please note that you should not try to abuse this by making a deposit with a different method and then withdraw with Skrill as under the Anti Money Laundering Policies of each country & territory, the bookmaker obliges you to follow the same withdrawal method as your last deposit. If your bookie won’t let you claim a 1st deposit bonus with Skrill you can do the following.
- Use a different payment: You can always use your bank account or credit/debit card to make your first deposit and claim any deposit offer. From that point on you can simply use Skrill for your every day betting needs.
- Choose a bookie that accepts Skrill: At the table above you can find any betting sites that accept Moneybookers and also those that will award you with a sign up bonus. Make sure to pick a legit bookie you can trust.
Skrill & Online Betting
The main reason Skrill has become a popular payment method for millions of punters is that deposits are made within seconds, while withdrawals are free of charge and usually take a few hours to be completed.
Additionally, their many years of expertise and frequent inspections from various monetary authorities, will safeguard your account and any transaction you might make. You can also use the Skrill Mastercard to complete a withdrawal in no time through an ATM.
Finally, if you are always after the highest odds, you can’t afford to miss out on Skrill or similar fast-deposit e-wallets. Let’s say you are registered on two bookies that offer a large deviation on their odds. You can then instantly make a deposit and claim that sure bet before the odds are adjusted. This also applies to different betting markets, as you might want to bet on a specific market that a specific bookie does not offer.
Pay attention to the following information as it is bound to help you decide if you should start using Skrill or not.
Skrill withdrawal limits and fees
There are two things to consider on this one, with both of them being dependent on the bookie of your choice.
- Withdrawal limits: A few betting sites will set a limit to the amount of money you can withdraw via Skrill each day, week or month. The higher these limits are, the better.
- Withdrawal fees: Some bookies will also charge you after a given number of withdrawals. For example, you might be able to complete only ten free withdrawals each month, and be charged with a small percentage, usually around 2%, for any additional payouts.
Skrill gambling or non gambling. What’s the difference?
Skrill used to have two types of accounts for certain countries up until a while ago, one for gambling and one for non-gambling purposes. When a new user signed up, they would have to declare the intended use for that account. If you signed up for a non-gambling account, accidentally or not, access to betting sites was denied. Luckily, no moneybookers gambling purposes limitations apply today as a single account allows you to gamble, transfer money or shop online.
Which countries is Skrill restricted in?
Unfortunately, not every bettor can use Skrill as country limitations apply. These include: Afghanistan, Cuba, Eritrea, Iran, Iraq, Kyrgyzstan, Libya, North Korea, North Sudan, South Sudan, Syria, USA, Israel, Malaysia, China, Turkey, Canada and Brazil. If you happen to reside in any of these countries you should not fret as you can probable bet online using a different payment method
Top 5 bookmakers that accept Skrill (Moneybookers)
|Bookmakers||Why to Bet||Why to Bet||Bookmakers|
How to create and verify your Skrill account
Skrill follows a fairly straightforward registration process, similar to many other eWallets. Follow the steps below to create and verify your account:
- Visit Skrill and click on the “OPEN A FREE ACCOUNT” banner at the center of the page.
- After you’ve read the Terms and Conditions, you can proceed by filling in your email address, that will technically act as your username and certain personal information on the appropriate forms. You might want to make sure to enter a back-up e-mail address just in case.
- Complete an optional identity verification process. This allows sending/receiving higher-value payments (above €2.500). The account verification process can be concluded through the following steps:
- Send and ID photo. You must scan or take a photo of your ID (both sides, all four corners visible), passport or driver’s license and send it to Skrill. Doing that on your cellphone is much more convenient. Skrill has an excellent mobile app.
- Verify your address. Send a scan or photo of an official notice, such as gas or electricity bill, that includes both your address and name. Note that mobile phone bills are not accepted and that the document must have been issued within the last three months.
- Verify your bank account. You can send a scan or photo of your bank statement to [email protected] or select “manual bank upload” on your Moneybookers account. The first method will take about 1 to 2 working days to be confirmed, while the second one lasts about 3 to 5 working days.
- Verify your credit/debit card. Simply login to your account and click on the Cards and Bank Accounts section. Select the Verify link that is found next to the card you wish to verify. A small amount of money (ranging from EUR 1.01 – 2.99) will be temporarily debited from your card. Check your bank or card statement in order to view the exact amount and then go to your Skrill account to confirm this amount. You will receive your debited funds after the verification has been successfully completed, which should take about 1 working day. Skrill has announced that a card verification feature will be added to their mobile app in the near future.
- Instant, free of charge deposits on your betting account
- Accepted on the most popular and trustworthy bookies
- Exclusive betting, casino and poker promotions. Make sure to check all the bookmaker offers located at the bottom of your Skrill account.
- Instant withdrawals through the prepaid Skrill Mastercard.
- Low withdrawal fees.
- 24/7 Customer Service. If you can’t find an answer to your problem on the Frequently Asked Question tab, you can contact the customer service team by sending an e-mail at [email protected], at any time.
- A certain fee is imposed for any transaction between two Skrill accounts
- In order to acquire and keep using the prepaid Mastercard you have to pay an annual fee of €10
- “Suspicious behavior”. In some cases, a bookie will act suspiciously towards players using Skrill and will try to place limits on their maximum stakes. This is due to the fact that e-wallets have been tied to arbitrage betting, as they allow every bettor to withdraw his winnings instantly.
What currencies can I use when betting with Skrill?
Skrill accepts more than 35 currencies for online betting deposits and withdrawals, meaning that you probably won’t have to deal with unnecessary exchange rates. The list of currencies includes :
|Australian Dollar||AUD ($),||Bahraini Dinar||(.د.ب)|
|Bulgarian Lev||BGN (лв)||Canadian Dollar||CAD ($)|
|Czech Koruna||CZK (Kč)||Danish Krone||DKK (kr)|
|Euro||EUR (€)||Great Britain Pound||GBP (£)|
|Hong Kong Dollar||HKD ($)||Hungarian Forint||HUF (Ft)|
|Indian Rupee||INR (Rs)||Israeli Shekel||ILS (₪)|
|Icelandic Krona||ISK (kr)||Jordanian Dinar||JOD (دينار)|
|Japanese Yen||JPY (￥)||Kuwaiti Dinar||KWD (ك)|
|Malaysian Ringgit||MYR (RM)||Moroccan Dirham||MAD (د.م.)|
|New Zealand Dollar||NZD ($)||Norwegian Krone||NOK (kr)|
|Omani Rial||OMN (﷼)||Qatari Riyal||QAR (ر.ق)|
|Polish Zloty||PLN (zł)||Romanian New Leu||RON (lei)|
|Saudi Riyal||SAR (ريال)||Serbian Dinar||RSD (РСД)|
|Singapore Dollar||SING (S$)||South African Rand||ZAR ®|
|South Korean Won||KRW (₩)||Swedish Kronor||SEK (Kr)|
|Swiss Franc||CHF (Fr.)||Taiwan Dollar||TWD ($)|
|Thai Baht||THB (฿)||Turkish New Lira||TRY (₺)|
|United Arab Emirates Dirham||TND (د.ت)||United States Dollar||USD ($)|
Added security: Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
Although using only an e-mail and a password might be handy, you can never be too secure when it comes to your money. In order to safeguard your Skrill account even further, you can use your mobile device to complete the Two Factor Authentication. All you need to do is download the Google Authenticator app from the Apple store or the Google play store, to your device. Then enter your Skrill account, choose “Turn ON 2-Factor authentication” and scan the QR barcode displayed to you on the setup screen, or enter the key manually by clicking on ‘Manual key entry’. Upon completion of this procedure, you will receive your 2FA Recovery Codes. Make sure to keep these codes in a safe place, as they can be used only for a single time, in case you happen to lose your phone and need to generate new codes. For more information, visit the support page at www.skrill.com/en/support.
Skrill Prepaid Mastercard
At any time, you can purchase the Skrill prepaid card for an annual fee of €10. This lets you keep your main banking details safe or have a better budget control, as you will only spend what is loaded on your account. Upon completing these steps, your Skrill account will be ready to use.
Can I use the Skrill Prepaid Mastercard to make a deposit on an online betting site?
Usually, Skrill’s policy dictates that Mastercard deposits to betting sites are blocked. In other words, you can use your Skrill account to make a deposit, but you will probably not be allowed to use Skrill’s Mastecard for that purpose. Still, don’t be surprised if the transaction does go through on some “grey” bookmakers.
|Bookmakers||Why to Bet||Why to Bet||Bookmakers|