For the very first time, the British Gambling Industry will support the launch of Responsible Gambling Week.
The campaign will run from 12th to 18th of October with the purpose of encouraging everyone to talk about what Responsible Gambling means.
Any sector of the gambling industry will participate in the campaign ((arcades, bingo clubs, bookmakers, casinos and online). In numbers, that means that over 10.000 gambling venues and over 121,000 employees will take part.
The theme is very clear and simple: “Let’s talk about responsible gambling”. All the sectors will unite their forces in order to inform people on how to behave in a responsible way, when gambling. Furthermore they have pledged to support bettors who currently need help.
To get the message out as far and wide as possible, the industry will be leading a range of activities through the week
- Displaying posters, leaflets, banners and other information points about Responsible Gambling Week in gambling venues, on industry websites and on social media channels, encouraging conversations about gambling responsibly
- Ensuring staff at gambling venues and online sites continue to be points of contact for their customers on how to gamble responsibly
- Working in partnership with the specialist charities, GambleAware and GamCare, to raise awareness about responsible gambling through their websites and communication channels
- Working with GamCare and its partners to establish dedicated information points around Great Britain that will be available to the general public throughout the week
- Hosting online chatrooms and interactive Q&A sessions on social media through dedicated Twitter and Facebook accounts to help to encourage discussions about responsible gambling more broadly
- Holding an event in Parliament to help brief politicians on what it means to gamble responsibly and what they can do to share the message with their constituents